This Master Program is addressed to people who seek to specialize in: (1) clinical psychology, psychological counseling and including psychotherapy, and (2) human behaviour management, and who want to activate primarily in (1) clinical domains related to other psychology fields (e.g., work and organizational psychology, educational psychology, defence and national security psychology etc.), where psychological services targeting health promotion (e.g., cognitive-behavioural coaching) and illness treatment are relevant and/or (2) in other domains (e.g., medicine, law, economical sciences, business, theology etc.), where knowledge of human behaviour management is relevant.
The program will be rigorous, but flexible in order to accommodate the people who are simultaneously working and/or are not living in Cluj-Napoca.
The Master Program is designed to provide an advanced specialization in the clinical domain, following international standards and norms of excellence, especially for those not working in clinical facilities (e.g., cognitive-behavioural coaching) and/or are already employed; additionally the program is addressed to non-psychologists, who might benefit in their own activities from advanced psychology knowledge. It offers both the possibility to specialize as a clinical psychologist, psychological counselor and/or a psychotherapist and the possibility to specialize in the research domain. Graduates can continue their education through doctoral level studies and through postdoctoral programmes and/or they can enter the labour market in different domains which require these specific skills.
The global assessment of the Techniques Masters done by its students (combined scores for the academic year of 2008/2009), on a 5-point Likert scale (1-very bad, 5 – excellent) is 4.82.
Clinical psychology and individual and group psychotherapies
• Advanced research methods
• Child, adolescent and adult development particularities
• Applied cognitive psychology
- Psychodiagnostics and psychological evaluation
- Self-knowledge and personal development
- Advanced notions of psychiatry
- Cognitive-behavioural intervention techniques
- Decision making and problem solving techniques OR Negotiation and conflict management techniques OR Positive psychology (at least one optional course is required)
- Cognitive-behavioural interventions in the field of work and organizational psychology
- Cognitive-behavioural interventions in the field of defence and judiciary psychology
- Cognitive-behavioural interventions in the field of educational psychology
- Genetic counseling
- Ethics in applied psychology
- Parenting programs OR Rhetoric and Argumentation Theory OR Pastoral Counseling (at least one optional course is required)
- Presentation of the dissertation